Thursday, June 1, 2017

I Had a Dream So Big and Loud

Wow, it took me a while to get over my post-marathon blues.

It actually took inspiration from the lovely Anna to get me going. Guess who's back, y'all?

I haven't been a complete slug for the last couple of weeks. I did stuff, I swear!

First, there was the workout from Anna's trainer. I'm a fitness/awesome friend group with her and she shared one of her interval training workouts. We all tried it, and I have to say, it was tough! I give her credit for busting ass on these.

It was nice to see one of my guys try out some of the moves.
This was a plank move. Isn't he the cutest?
Then, I graduated a step up in my weights!
This made me feel super badass! You wouldn't think those five pounds would make that much of a difference, but man, do they ever. My goal is to make it up to the 20's by the end of summer. I have never made it past the fifteen pounders. I can do this!

Third, I ran a 5K over Memorial Weekend. There was a 1/2 mile kid's race, too. So, technically, I ran a 1/2 mile, then ran a 5K. Oh, and because the race was on the course of the Detroit Grand Prix, we had to walk almost a mile to get to the starting line. Not a big deal as an adult, but I had two four year olds who kept randomly sprinting. By the time they finished their race, and I finished mine, I ended up carrying one and J. carried the other one back to the car. Now that's a workout.

The race was the Run Detroit Grand Prix 5000. It was a good race except. OK, this is weird. I stayed to the back because I hadn't really trained for speed for a 5K, you know? I felt great the whole time, but at the halfway point there was a folded up table, some sleeves of cups, and about ten gallon jugs of water. No people, though. I want to say this was because they NEVER had the station manned, but there were also no cups scattered around which means the station was manned at some point, and the people left. There were at least a hundred people left on the course when I hit the spot. I stopped and helped a man who was with his maybe ten or eleven year old son. We set up the table, put out cups, filled them up. I stayed for about five minutes to keep the water coming, then left him to finish the run because I had the kiddos waiting. That was a HUGE complaint. Don't advertise a walker friendly 5K (pace requirement was a 19 minute mile) and then leave the effing water table unmanned for the slow people. EFF THAT!

Sigh. Enough. I will vent my spleen to the race director via email soon enough. Until then, pictures!
This was all on the walk to the starting line
The boys loved their capes!
This week I tried a new recipe. It was Damn Delicious' imitation PF Chang's chicken lettuce wraps. Recipe found here. Sadly, I forgot the damn lettuce because of a shitty day at work (including a cracked tooth) so I ended up just having it with riced cauliflower and a side of carrots for color.
They were yummy and super easy to make. I hate cooking and I hate complicated recipes so if I say they were easy to make, then trust me, they were easy.

And now it is June 1st. I'm doing a summer challenge that is weight loss and activity related. I have to stop the upward swing of the scale somehow.

Happy June!

4 comments:

  1. Great job with the momentum! Lets keep it going! Sorry about the race and lack of respect for the back of the packers. That stinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and that's the cutest plank ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww you are making me blush!! I am just so happy that there is so much mojo going on in our "friend" group. Love your caped cuties :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the boys capes! Oliver looks like that when he works out too. :)

    ReplyDelete