Wednesday, June 7, 2017

It's Going Down, I'm Yelling Timber

Week One
Weekly weigh-in: -2.0 pounds
Pounds to go: 56.6

Boom.

The first week is the easiest, right? The one where you're super dedicated and excited about things. Then maybe things go a little harder the next week so you don't bust your ass quite as much. And the week after that everyone's going out to eat and you love you some chili cheese fries, so why not indulge?

Not this time, bucko.

You. Have. Got. This.

I started walking on my lunch again. It works in two ways. First, I get the calorie burn which is nice. Second, I don't sit at my desk and think "man I am still hungry, I wonder what snacks are laying around this place?". Instead, I go for a walk and by the time I get back to my desk, my brain has caught up with my stomach and I am full.

I stopped drinking diet soda. It's been a few days and it feels weird, but so far so good. This was a personal challenge for me for June. I didn't really share it, because it was more of a "well, let's see what happens thing" than an actual goal. It helps that I don't have late night rehearsals or anything so I don't need caffeine at eight o'clock at night.

I stopped snacking in my car. Not entirely, but instead of mowing down bags of chips I bring an apple to eat on my way home from work. It holds off the EAT EVERYTHING NOW feeling when I get home and it's healthy and I enjoy the crunch.

Baby steps.

You can do this, Meg.

5 comments:

  1. Little changes but they will prove to be big later, I'm betting! Great loss this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the loss!!! Kudos on the diet soda! That's a big one....for so many reasons (taste, need for carbonation and the caffeine!). Keep rocking it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad my bloggy friends are fired up and taking action...it is so motivational :) You are exactly right about week 1, 2, 3....you got it this time! Timber!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job!!! You are doing great! I especially love the idea of going for a walk at lunch. I used to do that WAY back when I first started losing the weight (like 17 years ago! :o) and it really did help. Keep up the AWESOME work, sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great start! You're so right about walking at lunch - I should go do that now!

    ReplyDelete