Tuesday, July 18, 2017

But I Come Back to the Water, No Matter How Hard I Try

I'm sure it's a sign of a good workout when your arms and legs and even abs (thank you butterfly stroke) are wobbly almost two hours after you finished. It's a good sign AND it is also a little exhausting.

I've had issues falling asleep and staying asleep the past few nights. For a while, I was doing no screens after 8PM to help with my sleep. It worked, but then I got lazy and now I'm all over Instagram at 10 o'clock at night and that does nothing for my beauty rest. Beauty rest I desperately need if I'm going to wake up at 5:45 four days a week.
I was supposed to do weights yesterday. Once the boys fell asleep my brother, who lives out of town, called. I spent an hour and a half on the phone with him instead of lifting weights. Nurturing family connections is just as important as physical health, so I'm OK with a missed workout.

Tonight is a 3.5 mile run. It's not super humid out, like it was last Tuesday. I might do it outdoors before my husband leaves for his weekly skate. Or, I'll be lazy and just do it on the treadmill after the kids are asleep. I have the most recent episode of Great British Bake Off calling my name.

So many choices! Hope this Tuesday is amazing for you!

2 comments:

  1. Why am I not watching Great British Bakeoff?? I need to get that on the DVR! Hope you get some better sleep - mornings come way too quickly when you are trying to get in a workout before work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine all the running and swimming you're doing! You're amazing. Are you going to keep up swimming this often as training increases?

    ReplyDelete