Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Don't Forget the Motor City

I signed up for the half marathon I have been training for for over a month now. Figured I might as well do that before it got so expensive I couldn't afford to run it.

Has anyone else noticed how effing expensive races are theses days? Here's the deal. This particular half marathon is a women's half. Add to that, I have done the half or the 5K of this race since they started it five years ago, I have a bit of a soft spot for it. However, the prices are stupid expensive. I know in some areas races are always pricey. But, here, they aren't so bad, especially if you sign up early. This one, the price increases in a few weeks up to NINETY BUCKS! I paid less than that for the Flying Pig FULL marathon!

Honestly, I am going to call it quits on this race. I will run my fifth year of it, and that will be that. At least the t-shirts are super soft and comfortable!

One of my reasons for signing up TODAY of all days is just for the boost of "YOU CAN DO THIS" I get whenever I sign up for a race. I am exhausted, emotionally drained, and about to start Shark Week so I need some sort of mental boost. Hopefully this helps.

3 comments:

  1. Those prices are crazy. At the very least they should throw in like a couple bottles of wine or something for your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ninety bucks for a half!? :o That's just stupid expensive. But...I will say that the shirt I got from that race remains among my favorites. :p

    You can do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. $90 for a half is a ton! I think they just keep eeking up prices to see when they'll hit the point where people will stop paying. It's crazy!

    ReplyDelete