Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Downtown, No Finer Place For Sure

Week Six
Weekly weigh-in: -1.4 pounds
Pounds to go: 48

Funny story. I weigh myself weekly as soon as I get back from my morning swim. I didn't think about it last week, just did it and grumped about my crappy loss. This morning I stepped on the scale, and again, crappy loss.

Cue long, dramatic sigh.

I took a shower, dried off, wrapped my hair up in a towel and a little light bulb when on over my head. When I get out of the pool I don't dry my hair. At all. I live super close to the pool, so it drips a whole bunch, but it's just going to get wet anyway, once I shower and I don't care. I don't have super long hair, but it's thick and it soaks up some water.

Just for shits and giggles, I towel dried my hair, and weighed again.

Son of a biscuit, the loss almost DOUBLED! I went from a .8 loss to a 1.4 pound loss!

HA!

So now I know for next week. Take a shower first, towel dry, THEN weigh yourself.

This is the first week where I have made it to swimming each morning. It's the third day of that, and I have to tell you, my arms are reminding me I am not used to this crap. I carried my coffee cup into the office this morning and my arm trembled.
I really love the swimming. Even when I have to force myself to get up because there were storms last night and they woke me up at midnight and made it hard for me to fall back to sleep. We are working on butterfly this week, which is a pain in the ass stroke, that's for sure, but I struggled through it.

Midway through the week! Hopefully we all survive!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for that loss! Great job! I try to weigh as soon as I can after I pee, first thing in the a.m. Empty bladder may mean .02 less of a weigh in ya know . ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never weigh myself with wet hair - who needs the extra weight! So glad you figured that out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you walk around with dripping hair!? That would drive me cuh-razy!! :p

    I love your enthusiasm for swimming!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete