Monday, August 21, 2017

All This Whinin' and Cryin' and Pitchin' a Fit Get Over It

You know your weekend is going be a good one when you start out like this:
Double margaritas!
This should come as a surprise to NO ONE but I didn't do my scheduled Saturday run. Because see above picture showing how I spent my Friday evening.

Funny enough, it wasn't even the booze that did it. On Friday I did the weight workout I was supposed to do on Thursday. And somehow I strained my shoulder muscle. It hurt like the dickens when I walked and I wasn't about to torture myself for a run. Thankfully, by Sunday it had mellowed out enough for me to run.

Ten miles on the treadmill on Sunday. Here's how I accomplished that. My treadmill has a max time of 60 minutes. Here was my first sixty:
Then I started again. Stopped after two miles to wrangle a kid in the middle of a meltdown. Got back on it. By then I had paused it so long it reset itself, but I rounded DOWN to two miles, even though I know I was past the two mile mark. Got back on the treadmill. Made it over a mile before I needed to help get the kids breakfast. Paused it again. Stayed away so long it reset itself. Again, rounded up just because I couldn't remember how far over a mile I was. Got BACK on the treadmill and finished out with a 2.5 miles. All of this done at a 13 minute/mile pace.

I figure I deserve all the extra credit in the world for getting back on the damn treadmill every time I was forced to stop. My 2 hours and 10 minutes of running took me almost three hours with all the stops.

But, it's done. And I felt pretty good.

The downside to a treadmill run? My phone thinks I was sitting on my ass the whole time.
Gee, thanks, phone.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously big kudos for getting that done on the treadmill! And sticking it out! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stupid phone - your rock star legs know you got all the miles in. :)

    ReplyDelete