Thursday, August 3, 2017

She Works Hard For the Money

I had a 40 minute tempo run on the training schedule but had to switch it up since my kids got home from a big camping trip in the middle of my run.

Instead, I just did sprints for three miles. I ended up with my fastest three mile run to date: three miles at a 10:15 per mile pace. Trust me, by the end I was a ball of sweat and ready to cry. But, I did speed work, it felt awesome, the end.

Well, not quite the end. I also did a whole bunch of weight lifting after the boys were asleep. I have to brag for a second, one of my sons was in the basement with me while I was on the treadmill. He sat on our weight bench and watched TV and was talking about the weights. He asked, "What's this one for, Mama?" I said, "So I can have big muscles." Then I showed him my bicep and he smiled and said, "Wow, you DO have big muscles, Mama!"

With that on my mind, I couldn't resist working on those muscles.

I got up early to swim. It's the last day of my early training at work (thank goodness) and also the second to last week of early morning swimming. Thankfully, I shouldn't have any issues getting my full swim in next week. I'm going to miss it. I'll try to take advantage of the lap lane in the pool while it is open but after that, I'm not sure. The YMCA? We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. I am in awe of the amount of work you're putting in. Hopefully you'll find a way to keep up with swimming.

    ReplyDelete