Monday, August 7, 2017

So Let's Dance the Last Dance

So starts my last week of early morning swimming outdoors.

Not going to lie, I'm going to miss it.

It's interesting to compare my fitness level from when I first started to now. I can barely do the sprint workouts the coach throws out at us while staying on the interval. When I first started I was taking ten seconds rest because I couldn't even make the intervals. I am also able to keep ahead of or pass the people in the next lane over, at least when start at the same time. Yes, I know it isn't a race. But, since we are set up by skill level, with the fastest swimmers at Lane One and getting slower until you get to me in Lane Eight, it is nice to know I can at least beat Lane Seven.

Today's workout:
150 free warm up
16 x 25 sprints kick of choice
16 x 25 sprints stroke of choice
2 x 100 stroke of choice, sprinting one 25 out of each 100

The last part of the workout I was able to get two in before I had to leave. Thank goodness I'm not working early this week. It's nice to be able to do most of the workout!

Running slipped a little this weekend. I was supposed to do six on Sunday, but had family time instead.
How can I turn down a chance to hang with these two?
 I'm OK with that. I'll just adjust and do my six tonight on the treadmill with Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood to keep me company.

2 comments:

  1. Will you still be able to swim for a while on your own even though the program ends?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get hungry enough watching Great British Bakeoff normally! Running at the same time would kill me. :) You'll have well deserved snacks after it is over right?

    ReplyDelete